oTown Cycling's Rating:
- FACT carbon/glass fiber reinforced outsole is directionally rigid for outstanding power transfer: 8.5 stiffness index
- Performance-enhancing Body Geometry features in the outsole and footbed
- New Lightweight BOA L4 rotary closure and forefoot Velcro strap for on-the-fly tun-ability and dynamic fit; features a quick-release lace pull
- Synthetic upper with mesh venting for supple fit
- Ultra-vented tongue for breath-ability
- 3-bolt cleat pattern fits Shimano SPD-SL, Look, Time, and Speedplay
- Approximate weight: 270g (1/2 pair #42)
- Excellent ventilation
- Amazing BOA closure system is extremely comfortable with no pinching
- Light weight @ only 525g for the pair (262g per shoe)
- The Velcro toe closure is to large
This is an amazing shoe, I tried on many pair before deciding on these. The deciding factor was the BOA enclosure system. Its quite revolutionary, the speed of putting on and taking off the shoe is fanominal and you can dial in the pressure so precisely and on the fly. I can't rave about it enough.
If you've never worn a body geometry shoe before it does take some getting used to. The difference in pressure points on the foot is an odd sensation at first, but once you've gotten used to it they are extremely comfortable.
I have a normal to small width foot, and I find the toe to be a little on the large side. I wish I could close it more with the Velcro strap but it just doesn't allow for that much adjustment. That is really my only true criticism. If they would have just extended the boa enclosure down to the toe it would solve the problem and make it really a perfect shoe.
Check out the boa enclosure demonstration video below